Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday Pick-Ups

 

          Yes, It's that time of the year again. Black Friday. One day where sales are king and deals are everywhere, especially for us graphers. Luckily for me my birthday is placed almost perfectly in front of the day leaving me some extra cash to be able to spend. My first pick-up actually came on Thanksgiving night. It was a few football display cases at Michael's Craft Store. I went in to pick something up with my mother on Thursday night and saw these classy looking black wood shadow-box display cases with a mirrored background. The original price for one of the cases was $49.99, which personally I would never pay, but with the 40% off sale and the extra 35% off cupon my mother had, I decided to pick up three of them at around $24 each with tax. One of the cases is displayed in the picture above. Even though it is technically made for full-size footballs, it will also fit boxing gloves, shoes and other random stuff. Displayed in the case above is my Mike Tyson signed "TITLE" mini-glove with PSA.

          The next item, or items, I got was through the internet and once again it was on Thursday night. For the past two years Mitchell and Ness has marked down their prices on all jerseys to $100. That is a huge savings considering most of the jerseys range between $225 and $250. I was in high hopes that the company would do the same thing this year but sadly I was wrong. Mitchell and Ness had marked jerseys down only 25%! But I still took advantage of the sale and picked up a few jerseys for Spring Training. The first one was a Don Mattingly authentic 1995 home jersey. The thing I like about this jersey was that it had the black armband around the sleeve representing the death of the commisioner during the regular season as well as a number "7" saluting Hall of Famer Mickey Mantle who also passed away in 1995.

          The jersey is usually an insane amount of $225 but I saved $56.25 thanks to the 25% off sale so I ended up paying a total of $168.75. The next jersey is a Matt Williams Giants batting practice jersey. My original plans were to buy an actual on-field jersey for $100 but since the sale wasn't the same as years past, I decided to go with the much cheaper BP jersey. The jersey was originally $80 but with 25% off it was a very reasonable $60.

          The final jersey I picked up was a Robin Ventura White Sox batting practice jersey. I really like the looks of this jersey and find the red color to really stand out especially with the all white numbers and chest logo. Again I was hoping for an on-field jersey of Ventura, but for $60 I couldn't pass up the beautiful BP jersey.


          I was really hoping to pick-up an authentic on-field Tony Gwynn jersey to get it signed at one of his car dealership signings, but the $205.65 price tag turned me off. I also debated on buying a BP jersey of Tony but the only one they had was an ugly all yellow jersey, so I decided to go with the Ventura one instead. It certainly wasn't the bargain I was hoping for, but you can't complain when you save almost $100 on three jerseys that you know you can get signed down the road.

          After a long, sleepless night I decided to wake up around 4 am and head to my local Sports Authority. I went with the intentions of stacking up with baseballs and footballs since they were all 50% off. When I arrived at the one in Montcalair I was very dissapointed. They only had one official NFL football and didn't have any official major league baseballs. I asked one of the guys on the floor if they had sold out and he said no, but that their inventory wasn't big enough to carry a lot of official, high-end balls. So I picked up the one football for $50 and headed to the one in Ontario. Luckily the Ontario one was loaded with balls. I was able to scalp through all of the baseballs and pick up 17 of the cleanest ones I could find as well as 2 more official footballs. After that I headed to the one in North Fonatana and picked up 7 more baseballs for a total of 24. These baseballs are usually $17.99 but with 50% off they added up to $9 a piece which is even less than when you buy the baseballs in packs of 12. The footballs were pry the biggest steal. They are normally $100 a piece but were only $50 today. I saved around $150 in footballs alone and around $216 in balls overall. Not bad!


          Overall it wasn't a bad day for bargains. Every buck you can save helps especially in this economy we are living in today! Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. You racked it up on Black Friday. Good job. Where does a kid your age get all this money to spend? You are such a pro grapher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My birthday was on Wednesday the 21st so I was able to use the money from that. The balls and jerseys are for Spring Training so I had to go all out!

      Delete
    2. Nobody your age does it better than you bro. Keep up the good work

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cold man! Trashing a guy on his own blog! Haha I would highly consider changing it if the Angels wouldn't of been idiots and let him go!!!! It could of been Danny Boy's Autograph Signings!!!

      Delete