Friday, December 21, 2012

Jerry Robinson at Raider Image Ontario


          Now that this whole Mayan Apocalypse thing is behind us, it's time to get back to more important things... like autographs. Former Raider Jerry Robinson made an appearance at the Raider Image store in Ontario Friday evening. This was the first time I have seen Jerry sign at this Raider Image, which is only 10 minutes from my house, so I knew I had to go. Jerry was scheduled to sign from 4-8. After dealing with some horrific parking I was finally able to get inside the mall around 5. I found the store but noticed that Jerry was no where to be found. Apparently he was dealing with traffic and was running very late. Fast forward 20 minutes and Jerry finally arrived, nearly one and a half hours late. He was in very good spirits and made a joke as he was setting up his booth saying, "It was easier getting my first divorce than finding a place to park around here." I feel you Jerry!

          I brought along three cards with me to get signed. Once again I knew this was a paid signing, as are all of the Raider Image signings, but figured it was well worth it. I noticed that Jerry had some nice 8x10's on his table for a reasonable price, so I decided to pick one of those up as well. Jerry was personalizing all the photographs he signed, and to be honest, I have begun not to mind people personalizing photographs. It's not like I sell any of my things, so as long as it's something small like a photo and not a jersey or a football, I see nothing wrong with it. The photo came out great and he put "To Matthew- 'Raider Nation for life'" as well as the "81 Pro Bowl" inscription that I asked him to put on there.


          The three cards came out great as well. Jerry was very personable and funny, commonly cracking jokes like, "I better hurry through this line before the world ends". He also called you by your name whenever he talked to you, which I found to be very nice. He was also very reasonable with his pricing so I had no problem with getting all four items signed.


          I snapped a quick photo with Jerry (as seen above) and left the mall pleased as usual. Overall it was another quick and easy Raider Image signing. If it weren't for him running late, I pry would of been in and out of the mall in under 10 minutes. All I can say is that I'm glad I didn't get to the signing at four, that would of been a long wait. Thanks for reading and enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment