Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Robin Ventura at SoCal Baseball Expo


          If you read my Black Friday Pick-Ups post you'll probably remember that I picked up three authentic Mitchell and Ness jerseys for 25% off, one of which was a Robin Ventura jersey. At the time my intentions were to get the jersey signed when I go to Spring Training in Arizona later this year, but about two weeks later I found out that Ventura would be signing at the SoCal Baseball Expo. I was really excited to hear the news and couldn't wait to get a high quality signature from Ventura, not the scribble that he sometimes gives at games. About a week or two before the expo I learned that my dad would be leaving to go work for two weeks and that he would be leaving the Sunday that Ventura was scheduled to sign. I knew I had to get my priorities straight. I decided to spend the day with my dad before he had to leave. This meant that I would have to skip the expo. Fortunately my good friend Marc was actually bringing Ventura to the event and was kind enough to get my jersey signed for me. I just got the jersey back today and was thrilled with how it turned out.  As you can see the jersey came out beautiful and Ventura signed it right across the bottom of the "2".


          While I did miss the expo, I was able to get the one guy there that mattered the most to me, so in the end I was more that happy. I'd like to thank Marc for helping me out on this one. He really saved my butt and did me a huge favor by getting this jersey done for me. Now it's just one less thing I have to worry about getting signed at Spring Training. I owe you one Marc! Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of your week.

1 comment:

  1. How lucky of you to have your jersey signed by Robin Ventura! For fans out there, if you plan to have your jersey autographed by your baseball idol, pick-out your best uniform with the right fit and texture you could wear around. Just wash it in a cold water and dry in low heat so the ink won't wash out.
    Linnie Dimmitt @UniformsExpress.com

    ReplyDelete