Saturday, February 2, 2013

Racking Up at Anaheim Ducks Practice


          On Saturday I decided to head out to the Honda Center in Anaheim to graph the Anaheim Ducks. This was actually my second trip to the Honda Center in the past 24 hours, as I was at the Ducks game the night previous with my brother-in-law, however today it was all about graphing. I knew that the UCLA alumni game would attract people away from the Ducks practice so I figured that the there would be a minimum amount of graphers and a high chance of getting autographs. Sure enough, I was right. There were only about eight graphers at the arena, and autographs were everywhere, I actually ended up bringing home a brand new personal record for most autographs in a day. I'll mainly stick to pictures and numbers, due to the fact that I don't want to bore you all to death.


          Ducks goaltender Jonas Hiller ended up signing the most autographs for me today. Hiller signed a total of ten cards and a beautiful 8x10 photograph.


          D-man Luca Sbisa finished tied for a close second. He was kind enough to sign a total of six cards and another beautiful 8x10 photograph.


          The Ducks' captain Ryan Getzlaf also stopped and signed. Getzlaf is strictly one per person but my mother was able to help me out with the second 8x10. I was very happy to get Getzlaf since I had missed out on him at the Eddie Guardado Bowling Event last weekend.


          It was yet another sighting of the "Finish Flash" Teemu Selanne. Selanne is the definition of a class act and a person that every athlete should look up to. The hockey legend signed for all of the graphers coming in and out of practice and signed a 8x10 as well as two cards for me.


          I was also able to get Teemu Selanne on this 1998 dual card with Saku Koivu. As you can see, I was able to get Koivu on the card earlier in the day. It's a really cool piece considering that they are a pair of the best Finish players of all time.


         Cam Fowler was also kind enough to stop and sign autographs on his way out. Fowler signed five cards and another 8x10 photograph for me. As for the rest of the guys, here are some photos along with the overall numbers for the day.

Bryan Allen
Sheldon Souray
Bobby Ryan
Teemu Selanne signing an autograph
One of Teemu's many cars
Brian Heyward
Coach Bruce Boudreau
Devante Smith-Pelly
Ducks' #1 prospect Emerson Etem
Kyle Palmeri (Aka "Birthday Boy")
Brad Staubitz
Rickard Rackell
Victor Fasth (Hopefully he will develop better taste and take off that Dodgers hat!)
Jonas Hiller- 10/10 1/1 (8x10 photo)
Teemu Selanne- 3/8 1/1 (8x10 photo)
Nick Bonino- 4/4
Cam Fowler- 5/5 1/1 (8x10 photo)
Saku Koivu- 3/6
Sheldon Souray- 7/7
Bobby Ryan- 6/6
Corey Perry- 2/4
Francois Beauchimen- 2/4
Luca Sbisa- 6/6 1/1 (8x10 photo)
Andrew Cogliano- 4/4
Devante Smith-Pelly- 4/4
Toni Lydman- 4/4
Bryan Allen- 2/2
Rickard Rackell- 2/2
Daniel Winnik- 5/5
Matt Belesky- 2/2
Brad Staubitz- 2/2
Ryan Getzlaf- 1/1 1/1 (Two 8x10 photos)
Total- 79 autographs!!! A personal record!!!
          Overall it was a great day of graphing! I was a bit worried that someone like Chase Utley or some other huge name would show up at the UCLA alumni game but the last I heard was that there weren't any big names there besides Gerrit Cole. I would like to thank everyone on the Anaheim Ducks for taking their time to sign as well as the Honda Center for keeping a great, fan friendly facility. A big shout out to Julio and Eddie, who I graphed with today. Thanks for reading and enjoy your Super Bowl Sunday! GO 49ERS!       

3 comments:

  1. That is insane! That's a lot of autos.

    Good job Matt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josh, that's the reason I love hockey. Everything is so much different from any other sport, players are friendly and will actually go out of their way to sign for you.

      Delete
  2. what time did you arrive there? message me

    ReplyDelete