Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Angels vs. Dodgers Pre-Game Graphing 5/29/13


I decided to head down to Angel Stadium for some pre-game graphing prior to the Angels vs. Dodgers game. My goal for the day was to get my authentic Mitchell and Ness jersey signed by Dodgers' skipper Don Mattingly. While I did miss Mattingly, the first autograph I got made up for it all.

That autograph came from 2013 American League Rookie of the Year, Mike Trout. Not only is it one of my favorite autographs of the year, but it was by far the luckiest one as well. When I pulled into the Angel Stadium parking lot, I noticed six graphers huddled up around the fence that surrounded the Angels' player parking lot. I figured that this meant either a players was signing or about to sign, so I drove over to see what was going on. Right as I pulled up I heard a couple of guys yelling "Mike!", so I grabbed out a ROMLB, ran right up to the fence, and was in perfect position as Trout came over and signed for all of the graphers. I was thrilled to get my second ever ROMLB signed by Trout.


After getting Trout, things were decent at best. Almost all of the big Dodgers drove directly down the tunnel, or denied all autograph requests, so I decided to try the front where I was able to get A.J. Ellis, Mark Ellis, Jerry Hairston Jr., and Brandon League to sign my 2013 Dodgers team ball.



Had it not been for Trout, I would of considered this day a complete bust. While I did miss out on McGwire and Mattingly, I was able to end my "Trout drought" of slightly over a year, so I can't complain. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment