Sunday, September 8, 2013

2013 Angels Fiesta: 9/7/13


After the Howie Kendrick signing in Fullerton, I decided to make my way over to Angel Stadium for the 2013 Angels Fiesta. The Fiesta was basically the Angels version of a fan-fest, with player appearances, food, music, and games being advertised as part of the free event. I really had no idea what to expect, and with no announcement as to which players would be appearing, I was forced to bring some generic items and hope that I would be in the right place at the right time.

When I arrived at the event, I noticed that all of the coaches excluding Mike Scioscia were signing in the first group. The only guy that even intrigued me was Alfredo Griffin, who is usually a tough signer, but I decided to skip that portion and instead head to the back of the stadium to try and get some Angels coming in.

As usual, none of the players stopped and signed except for Jerome Williams, so I made my way back over to the Fiesta where the second group of players had just began signing. Luckily, the second group was a bit better than the first, and included J.B. Shuck, Michael Kohn, Dan DeLaRosa, Ryan Braiser, and Peter Bourjos, who I jumped in line for first. I was able to get Peter on an 11x14 photo of Angel Stadium, which was my generic piece for most of the signers.


I was then able to jump in Michael Kohn's line and have him sign the photo as well (upper-left corner) and was able to get Hank Conger (right) to sign it in the next group. Hopefully I can add a few more players to the photo as time goes along.

After getting Kohn I jumped back in Bourjos' line knowing that the third group of players would be signing shortly. Luckily, I was in the right line as Josh Hamilton came over and switched out with Bourjos. As you could imagine, there was a lot of moving around and switching lines going on, but luckily I was only about ten people from the front of the line, so I was guaranteed an autograph from Josh, and he was kind enough to sign my 2011 All-Star baseball underneath the logo.



I then hopped into Mark Trumbo's line, but time had run out just before I got up to him. That concluded the current player's autograph sessions, and only alumni were left. Unfortunately, all of the alumni were ones that I have gotten plenty of times in the past (Percival, Langston, Gubicza, Clyde Wright, and Grich) so I decided to pass and call it a day. A big shout out to Kyle, Ryan, Bryan, Scotty (who's doing much better after begin assaulted earlier in the week), Scott Cr, Ken, Moe, Joe, and Jeremy. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment