Friday, September 6, 2013

Angels vs. Rays: 9/2 & 9/5


The Tampa Bay Rays came in town for a four game series against the Angels this past weekend. This will probably be the shortest of all my series recap's this season, as I'm basically going to mash both days into one quick post. I ended up not bringing any cards this series, as I realized that my not-so-local card shop was closed on Monday, so instead, I decided to go down the path of getting a team ball signed by all of the players that I didn't want on ROMLB's. In the end, this is how it turned out...


Photo #1 (sweet spot): Joe Maddon
Photo #2: Sam Fuld and Kelly Johnson
Photo #3: Chris Gimenez, Jose Lobaton, Jose Molina, and David DeJesus
Photo #4: Joel Peralta and Roberto Hernandez (formerly Fautso Carmona)
Photo #5: Alex Torres and Ben Zobrist

That was it for the Rays. No Longoria, no Price, no Moore, no Myers. Luckily, I was too disappointed as I have gotten three of those four in the past.

Thursday was actually a big day at Angel Stadium, as Bobby Knoop was inducted into the Angels Hall of Fame. While Knoop didn't really catch my eye, the scheduled guests did, which included Jim Fregosi, Rod Carew, Brian Downing, Chuck Finley, and Bobby Grich, so I was looking forward to hopefully getting some Angels alumni. Unfortunately, the day got off to a bad start as I learned that my good friend Scotty was injured earlier in the day when he got attacked and assaulted by a Rays fan, who got upset after a ball got away from Scotty and one hopped into his stomach. Hopefully the legend will make a quick recovery!

The first guy to sign was Jim Fregosi, who came up through the front shortly after I arrived. Fregosi signed for about thirty people on his way in, and I was able to get the Angel legend on a ROMLB across the sweet spot.


The only other alumni I was able to get was Jay Johnstone, who was a surprise guest. Johnstone was kind enough to sign a ROMLB for me with his four World Series years on there as well.


The final guy I was able to get was Mike Trout, who ended up signing for a very good amount of people. Trout ended up signing my 2012 All-Star baseball WAY under the logo, but no complaints from me.


A big shout out to Rob G, Alex G, Eric, Lori, Benson, Ryan, Moe, Robert, Joe, Jeremy, Scotty, and everybody else that I graphed with this past week. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment