Friday, October 4, 2013

Steve Garvey AM570 Signing: 10/2/13


Dodger legend and former National League MVP Steve Garvey made an appearance at a liquor store in Whittier to promote the Dodgers' radio flag-ship station AM570. I found the timing and location of the signing to be quite odd, as it was on a Wednesday afternoon at a random liquor store in a not-so great part of Whittier.

Due to school, I arrived at the signing only a few minutes before Garvey was scheduled to leave. I expected a majority of the line to be gone since Garvey had been signing for over an hour already, also, I expected most people to be at work due to the signing being on a weekday. Unfortunately, I was wrong. There were a good 75 people in line, most of which had already gotten an autograph and were going back for seconds. I knew I didn't have a chance at waiting from the end of the line, so thankfully once of my friends offered me a spot towards the middle where his girlfriend was standing. When I finally got up to the front, Garvey was as nice as could be. He asked how my day was going, then took my baseball and signed it. Mr. Garvey also added the inscription "1981 WS Champs" at my request, which will go along nicely with my other ROMLB with has the "74 NL MVP" inscription.

 

As I write this post, I'm currently on a flight up to San Francisco for the GT Sports Marketing show this weekend. If anybody else will be up there for the weekend, make sure to contact me and say hello if you see me around the show. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment