Friday, November 29, 2013

Dodgers Holiday Mall Tour: 11/29/13


The Dodgers Holiday Mall Tour made it's second stop of the year on Friday, as former All-Star's Steve Garvey and Steve Sax were scheduled to sign autographs in Woodland Hills. While Garvey was undoubtedly the better player of the two, I think it's fair to say that most of the graphers, including myself, were at the event more for Sax, who rarely makes appearances in Southern California anymore.

After dealing with some Black Friday traffic, I arrived at the mall around 10:00. Steve Garvey was scheduled to sign in one hour, while Sax was scheduled to sign later in the day. The line for Garvey wasn't very long, and by the time I got in it, I was about 50 people back. Like always, Garvey showed up on time and began signing right away. It took me about 30 minutes to get to the front of the line, and I was eventually able to get my Dodger Stadium 50th Anniversary ball signed by the former MVP.


After grabbing some lunch, I hopped back in line with my friend Scotty for Steve Sax. After a long wait, Sax showed up and, like Garvey, began signing immediately. I was roughly 20th in line and was able to get another 50th Anniversary ball by Sax, as well as an 8x10 that I picked up from my friend Daniel.

 

Since the line wasn't ridiculously long, I decided to go back around for a second time and get a ROMLB signed.


I was very surprised to say the least at how different the final signature looked from the other two. I'm used to player's signatures looking different at times, and I do realize that the signature was rushed since I was towards the back of the line, but I've never seen two signatures look so drastically different. Either way, it's "unique" to say the least.

A big thanks to Steve Sax, Steve Garvey, and the Dodgers for coming out and putting on another great event. A quick shout out to Scotty, Scott Sr., Daniel, Franz, Larry, and Daniel G., who were all at the event. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment