Saturday, November 30, 2013

Matt Leinart Signing at USC: 11/30/13


USC legend and former Heisman Trophy winner Matt Leinart was scheduled to sign autographs prior to Saturday's game at the legendary Los Angeles Coliseum. The signing was part of the Nissan Heisman House tour, which travels to different universities across America every weekend. Even after a long day of graphing on Friday, I was still too tempted to pass up the opportunity of getting one of the best QB's in recent NCAA history.

After a 40+ minute venture of trying to find a parking spot, I finally made my way over to the Heisman House, where I met up with my friend Spencer. We were informed that the autograph line for Leinart would not form until 2:30, so to kill some time Spencer and I grabbed a quick bite to eat. When we returned we noticed a small group of people forming around, but not in, the autograph line. Spencer and I both figured this was the start of the Leinart line, and indeed we were right, so we both grabbed our places in the line about 15 people back.

Leinart showed up about ten minutes late and immediately sat down for a quick, but entertaining interview with ESPN anchor Neil Everett. Afterwards, they set up a table in the middle of the stage and Leinart began signing autographs. The rule was one item per person, but Leinart was signing anything you put in front of him. In the end I was able to get a total of four items signed, including a USC mini-helmet with "04 Heisman".

 

 


Overall it was another great event, and while I may of made the mistake of not attending the Blake Griffin signing, I don't regret it a bit. A big thank you to Spencer who helped me out immensely today. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment