Monday, December 9, 2013

Bob Gibson and Lou Brock Signing: 12/7/13


St. Louis Cardinal legend's and MLB Hall of Famer's Bob Gibson and Lou Brock made an appearance this past Saturday at Frank and Sons Collectible Show. For those of you who are not familiar with Frank and Sons, they host autograph signings nearly every weekend in So-Cal.Hhowever, most of these signings are paid, so I tend to stay away from them. But being the big Cardinals fan that I am, I couldn't resist the opportunity to meet two of the greatest players in franchise history.

I arrived at the show around 12:30 and made my way over towards the autograph station to pick up my tickets. Gibson and Brock had already begun signing, and the line was only about twenty people long, so I hoped into the back and began waiting. My original plan was to get two HOF baseballs signed by both players, however I opted to get two ROMLB's signed instead since the event had sold out of HOF balls. I also had to decide which two inscriptions I wanted, but in the end I decided on "64-67 WS MVP" for Gibson and "HOF 85" for Brock. Both guys were extremely nice and inscribed what I had asked for on each baseball.


I also decided to get both items PSA'd immediately after getting them signed, which was only an extra $8 for each baseball.


While on the topic, I'd like to mention that PSA has been scamming some people lately, so while they are very reputable, be careful if you ever decided to send your items in. You wouldn't think you'd have to worry about the #1 authenticating company in the world mistreating your items or giving you the wrong certificate, but according to a few of my close friends, you do.

Overall, it was a great event and a true honor to meet two legends of the game. I probably could've bought signed baseballs of the two cheaper online, but the small difference in price wouldn't of made up for the tremendous honor of meeting two of my idols. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment