Friday, December 27, 2013

Recent Pick-Ups: Niekro, Fernandez, Perry

With the baseball offseason in full flight, many graphers here in SoCal have been experiencing a "baseball withdraw". On top of a few recent signings, I've been able to keep my withdraw to a minimum by picking up some great items online. Here are some of the more recent items I've picked up:


I was able to pick up this Phil Niekro black baseball a couple of weeks ago in a trade with a friend of mine. Usually, I'm not a huge fan of trading, but we were able to work out a deal that neither of us could resist. This is actually the first ever black ball that I've ever received signed, and I must say, I'm very happy with how it came out. I'm not sure how many more I'll get in the future, but I can guarantee that I will be adding a few more of these to my collection next year.

  
The second item I recently picked up was this 8x10 photo signed by former Twins' pitcher, Jim Perry. I was able to pick up this photo for only $8 directly from the MLB shop, and am very happy with the way it turned out. The photo also comes with MLB and Mounted Memories authentication, so overall it was a great pick-up for a great price.



And of course, I saved the best for last. I was able to pick up this beautiful Jose Fernandez rookie year stat ball, also from the MLB shop, for a great price in my opinion. The ball has Fernandez's win/loss record, ERA, strikeout totals, NL All-star, and 2013 NL Roy all from this past season. Usually, I'm opposed to buying items of current players, but I was able to pick up this baseball for about the price of a usual sweet spot on Ebay. Just like the Perry photo, the ball comes with both MLB and Mounted Memories authentication, and will be a great addition to my collection.

I will try to keep everybody updated on my purchases throughout the remainder of the offseason. I currently have two amazing baseballs in the mail that are expected to arrive next week, so when I get both I'll get a post up immediately. Thanks for reading and Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

  1. Cool Fernandez. I have been wanting to get something of his for a while...was thinking about his Bowman rookie...but they are pricey. He is a really great young pitcher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. And yeah all of his stuff is pretty high priced right now. It'll go down over time as the hype goes away. I got the ball though for a great deal in my opinion so I was very willing to pay the money

      Delete