Sunday, December 22, 2013

Tommy Lasorda Signing and Matt Davidson Camp Recap: 12/22/13


This past Sunday was a very busy day for myself. After doing absolutely nothing on Saturday, my Sunday consisted of spending hours in the car, and even more hours in line. For the first event, Hall of Fame manager Tommy Lasorda was having an autograph signing at the Westfield Century City mall. Just last weekend I skipped a Lasodra event to go to the Tony Gwynn signing in El Cajon, so it was nice to get another shot at him just eight days later.

I decided to arrive at the event around 7 am, four hours before the signing was scheduled to start. I was initially about thirty people from the front of the line, but of course that grew to about sixty as the signing drew closer. Tommy showed up a few minutes late, but began signing right away. To my surprise the line moved fairly fast, and about thirty minutes later I was up at the front of the line. I was able to get both of my 11x14's signed, with some help on the second one of course.


After getting Tommy, I decided to make my way over to another event in Yucaipa, where White Sox third baseman and Yucaipa native Matt Davidson was hosting a free baseball camp along with a few other Major Leaguers. I'm not going to sit here and bore anyone to death with stories of children playing baseball, so here are the cards I was able to get signed.


Matt Davidson- 9/9
Jake Marisnick- 3/3
Tyler Chatwood- 4/4 (personalized one to a friend)
Jacob Nottingham- 1/1

A big thanks to Matt Davidson for putting on the event. I've been a big fan of his ever since I won a game used bat of his on Twitter back in February, and I'm looking forward to watching him play with Chicago this year. Also, a big thanks for Tommy Lasorda for signing earlier in the afternoon. And finally, a shout out to Scotty, Tyler, Franz, George, and everybody else I ran into during the day. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment