Saturday, February 8, 2014

USD Baseball Alumni Game: 2/8/14



After attending the San Diego Padres Fan Fest for a few hours, I decided to make my way over to the University of San Diego, where the baseball club was holding it's annual alumni game. While there were a few different Major League players in attendance, I had my focus on someone who hasn't even played a MLB game in his career. That's because the second overall pick of the 2013 Draft, Kris Bryant, was in attendance to receive his Golden Spikes Award.

After having a tough time finding the actual baseball field, I walked in right as Bryant was receiving his GSA award. After receiving the award, a few reporters from the school pulled him aside as the game was starting. A few graphers had come over and began waiting, and after his interview, Bryant came over to sign without us even asking. I was able to get a pair of baseballs signed by the newest Cub, one inscribed "2013 #2 Pick" and the other just "#2 Pick".


Before leaving, I got a photo with Bryant's Golden Spikes Award trophy.


I also got a photo of Bryant's and Brian Matuz's new banners, which overlooks the ballpark.


A big thanks to all of the signers from Fan Fest and also Kris Bryant for taking the time to sign. You can follow Bryant on Twitter @KrisBryant_23 and while you're at it, give me a follow @MCville27. A shout out to Alex (who took the badass panorama at the top and allowed me to use it), Rob, David P, Alex, Kyle, Ryan, Scotty, and all of the others I forgot to tag. I'm definitely looking forward to the 2014 baseball season and being inside of two ballparks doesn't help my desire at all. As always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment