Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Hall of Fame Day: 6/25/14

Other than getting Mark Langston's autograph, Tuesday was pretty much a bust for me. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time for Joe Mauer, I had gotten denied one-on-one right before first pitch by Paul Molitor, and had missed getting David Eckstein, who was at the game with his brother Rick Eckstein. I was hoping for a much better day on Wednesday, and before the gates even opened I was already having a legendary day.

The first autograph that I got came from Hall of Fame member Rod Carew. Carew had gone in to the stadium well before the game was scheduled to start. Initially, he denied my friend Alex and I, but turned around and told us that he'd maybe get us on his way out. Alex and I decided to stick it out and were two of four people to get Carew's autograph on Wednesday.

Rod Carew autographed baseball
A while later we got a call from one of our friends telling us that Paul Molitor had gone out for a jog with some of the other Twins coaches. We made our way over to where Molitor had left and about twenty minutes later he returned and signed for every grapher waiting.

Paul Molitor autographed baseball

I ended up missing out on Joe Mauer for the second straight day, but luckily I had some Steiner gift cards saved up and ended up spending them on a nice Mauer piece later that night. I also did get some cards signed, but since I titled this post "A Hall of Fame Day", I won't waist your time with any Kevin Correa or Matt Shoemaker base cards. I'm sorry for not keeping this blog up to the minute like I have in the past, but I do have a life outside of graphing, and sometimes it interferes with events that I'd like to go to, but can't. With that being said, I'll continue to post as frequently as possible. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, I'm glad I stumbled across your blog, lots of cool stories and awesome graphing on your part, well done! What time do you usually show up to get autos outside in the parking lot? Im going to the LAA vs DET game this sat at 6:05 and wanted to try and get some autos prior to the gates opening.

    Thanks,
    Zack

    ReplyDelete