Friday, June 6, 2014

Nationals vs. Padres IP Recap: 6/6/14

With another year of school behind me and summer officially underway, I was able to focus on getting autographs this past weekend, starting with the Nationals vs. Padres game on Friday. I decided to make the trip down to San Diego in hopes of snagging a few new autographs for my collection. My goal was to get either Stephen Strasburg or Ryan Zimmerman, and with Bryce Harper not traveling with the Nationals I knew that I wouldn't have to deal with nearly as much competition.

Starting with cards, I was able to get Denard Span x2, Ross Detwiler x2, Craig Stammen, Jose Lobaton x2, Adam LaRoche x2, Drew Storen, Danny Espinosa, Scott Hairston, and Tyler Clippard.


I was also able to get Ryan Zimmerman on my 2005 Nationals Inaugural Season ball. It was nice to see Zimmerman get of the DL just in time to make the trip out west.

Ryan Zimmerman autographed ROMLB
Every time I'm in San Diego, I always seem to run in to an unexpected guest. Last time I made the trip down to San Diego I ran in to Hall of Fame outfielder Dave Winfield, and this time I noticed Chargers kicker Nick Novak on the field at batting practice. I decided to get Novak on a baseball after talking to him for a couple of minutes and seeing how cool of a guy he is.

Nick Novak autographed ROMLB
I decided to stick around for the game since I had great seats in the 300's right behind home plate. If anyone is looking for a ballpark to travel to this summer, I highly recommend Petco Park.

One of the best views in baseball
I also decided to stick around for post game graphing in hopes of getting Strasburg or Matt Williams, whom I've had a jersey of that I have been trying to get signed for a couple of years. While Strasburg decided to avoid the fans, I was able to get Williams on my authentic Mitchell and Ness Giants jersey.

Matt Williams autographed jersey
Overall it was a great way to kick off summer break. I haven't attended as many events recently (part of the reason why I haven't been posting as much), but with school out I do plan on going to some more games in the near future, and hopefully I'll get a chance to blog about my successes. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment