Saturday, November 15, 2014

Andre Reed: 11/15/14

2014 Football Hall of Fame inductee Andre Reed was scheduled to sign autographs at Dr. Alex Corbin Liu's optometry office this Saturday. If you've read any of my blog posts over the past couple of weeks, you've probably seen me mention this signing at least once or twice. Well Saturday was the big day and after my photographs nearly came late (despite paying for overnight shipping FOUR DAYS AGO) I finally had the chance to meet Reed for the first time since being inducted in to the Hall of Fame. I was able to get a pair of Photofile 11x14's signed, both with "7x Pro Bowler" and "HOF 14".

Andre Reed autographed 11x14 #1
Andre Reed autographed 11x14 #2
The signing was going great until Reed dropped my Sharpie on the first photograph, which subsequently left a big mark right below his foot. Had it not been for some friends in the graphing community, the photo would have basically been ruined, but luckily someone suggested tracing over the marking with an Expo erase marker. It ended up working like a charm, but the true moral of the story came before I erased the mark. Dr. Liu saw the photo and after I explained to him what had happened, he immediately gave me a free 8x10 and autograph ticket. In a world where most promoters are greedy it's nice to see someone like Dr. Liu who cares about his customers, which is why I advertise his signings in the first place. A big thanks to Dr. Liu for putting on the event and handling the situation like a professional, also a thanks to Andre Reed, who was as cool the second time I met him as he was the first. Thanks for reading!

Photo creds go to my bud Spencer for this one

No comments:

Post a Comment