Saturday, November 8, 2014

Don Sutton: 11/8/14

This past weekend I had the opportunity to meet Hall of Fame pitcher and 300 game winner Don Sutton. Sutton was scheduled to do a paid signing at Harry's Dugout in Whittier, his first Southern California autograph appearance since 2001. While many of my friends have had success getting Sutton during his west coast trips with the Braves, I knew that this would be my best chance to get his autograph since I try to limit trips to Dodger Stadium and Petco Park as much as possible.

My original plan was to have Sutton sign a Dodger Stadium 50th Anniversary baseball, however I was not able to find one in time for the event, so I switched up my plans and went to a HOF ball instead. I also decided to pay for two inscription instead of one, and had him sign it on the sweet spot with "324 Wins" and "HOF 98".

Don Sutton autographed HOF baseball
I'm more than happy with the way the ball came out and my decision to pay for Sutton's autograph. The event was well run and Sutton was one of the nicer guys I've met in quite a while. Also it'll save me the stress of trying to get him the next time I graph the Braves (whenever that may be). A big thanks to Harry's Dugout for putting on a great event and bringing a much needed baseball HOF'er to SoCal.

No comments:

Post a Comment