Saturday, November 8, 2014

Jim Abbott: 11/8/14 Continued...

After getting Don Sutton's autograph in Whittier, I quickly made my way over to Irvine for another autograph signing. Former Angel and one-armed pitcher Jim Abbott was signing autographs at the grand opening of a new Sports Authority at the Irvine Spectrum. The event was kept under the radar until the very last minute, and most graphers that I talked to after the event had no idea that it was going on. That, of course, was ideal for me as I was in and out with five autographs in under 20 minutes.

Jim Abbott autographed Yankee Stadium ball
Jim Abbott autographed ROMLB

Jim Abbott autographed cards
The fifth and final autograph was a photo provided at the event that I got for my brother-in-law, so I did not take a picture of that. Overall it was one of the easier events that I had been to and a great chance to meet one of the most inspiring players in MLB history. On a side note, Abbott is a big Detroit Lions fan and talked some smack to me after noticing my 49ers iPhone case. I just wish that I could talk to him today after the Niners overtime win against the Saints.

A final reminder to all Southern California graphers that 2014 HOF inductee Andre Reed will be at Dr. Alex Corbin Liu's office next weekend. Tickets are just $30 for flats and mini's and $40 for premiums. If anyone from outside of California wants any photos signed then contact Dr. Liu, he usually has a few left over after every signing. 


As always, thanks for reading!

1 comment: