Saturday, December 20, 2014

Jim Fox and Bob Miller: 14/19/14

Former LA Kings player Jim Fox and Hall of Fame announcer Bob Miller were scheduled to sign autographs at US Bank in Downtown Los Angeles. The signing was in the middle of the day on a Friday, which was kind of an awkward time to host an event. Lucky for me I had an early day from school which allowed me to make the trip to LA.

I got to the bank a little over an hour before the signing was supposed to start. To my surprise there were only eight people ahead of me, so I was able to grab a spot near the very front of the line. Both Miller and Fox showed up early but, of course, the staff made them wait until exactly 2:30 to start signing. Miller and Fox were extremely nice and took a couple of minutes to talk to everyone. As it turns out, my cousin played on the same line as Fox during his time with the Kings, so we all spent a good amount of time talking about him. I didn't come prepared with any items for Fox to sign, but luckily my friend Larry had an extra bobblehead that he sold to me.

Jim Fox autographed bobblehead
I came much more prepared for Miller, however, and got two pucks signed both with "HOF 2000".

Bob Miller autographed puck #1
Bob Miller autographed puck #2
I also got this nice 8x10 signed with "2 Time Stanley Cup Champs" as well as a photo with both of them.

Bob Miller autographed 8x10
Bob Miller, Jim Fox, and I
Overall it was a great event, and one of my favorite signings that I've attended all year. I was able to get some easy autographs and, oh yeah, some free pizza too which didn't hurt the cause. This will likely be my last post until my 2014 recap, so until then, thanks for reading and Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment