Saturday, February 28, 2015

Vernon Davis: 2/28/15

San Francisco 49ers tight end Vernon Davis was scheduled to sign autographs at the GNC store in Culver City. Davis has been one of my favorite players on my favorite team for years, so when I found out about the signing the night before I was very much looking forward to it.

I got to the mall half an hour before the signing was scheduled to start and lined up about 75 people back. Davis actually started signing a few minutes early, but the line was practically crawling at the beginning. After a while the line picked up and eventually I made my way to the front. The people running the event were saying only one item per person, but Davis was signing two for anyone who asked, so I ended up getting a Niners mini helmet and a baseball signed.

 

The mini helmet came out a bit streaky but the baseball definately made up for it. With some help I was also able to get a pair of cards signed. I'm not much of a football card collector but I will admit that these came out great.


A big thanks to Vernon Davis for being awesome and taking the time to sign multiples, inscribe, and take photos with everyone in line. Also it was nice seeing my friends Larry, Mikey, David, and Benson in a breif offseason cameo.


Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Not sure why I like it so much, but I really like seeing non-baseball players sign baseballs.

    ReplyDelete