Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Baron Davis: 3/25/15

Former NBA All-Star Baron Davis was signing autographs at a Sprint store in Los Angeles on Wednesday. Davis was one of my favorite Clippers when I first got in to the NBA and was a notoriously tough autograph to get during his playing days, so I was looking forward to meeting him for the first time.

After a long drive I made it to the store a couple of hours before the event was scheduled to start. I wasn't sure how big of a crowd to expect since the event was advertised on both the Clippers' and NBA's Twitter feed, so I decided to be on the safe side since I was on spring break and had nothing better to do on a Wednesday afternoon. Luckily there were only a few people in line, so I decided to walk around the Beverly Center to kill some time.

When I got back I met up with my friend Michael who had an entire inventory of things for Baron to sign. He offered to sell me one of his extra Clipper swingman jerseys for a good price, so I decided to buy it off of him. When Davis finally showed up thirty minutes late, the jersey was the first item that I got signed.


I decided to ask for a personalization on the jersey since he was once one of my favorite players in the league. Also his autograph is not worth a ton so I knew when I bought the jersey that it would likely remain in my PC forever. For whatever reason the paint pen bled slightly right after I got the signature, but I was still happy with how it turned out.

Since the line was so short, I was able to go back around and get my photos signed. The first is an 11x14 of him with the Cavaliers, and the second is an 8x10 from his early days with the original Charlotte Hornets.



I was pleasantly surprised with how nice of a signature he gave out on both photos. Judging by the signatures that I've seen in the past, it looks like he has humbled down a lot since his days in the Association. Either way, it's always cool to meet one of your favorites in any sport. A big thanks to Michael for the jersey and to Sprint for putting on the event. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment