Monday, May 25, 2015

Angels vs. Padres: 5/25/15

It has been a while since my last post, but that hasn't stopped me from attending several Angels games over the past few weeks. One of those games came against the new look San Diego Padres. Since I have yet to go to any games in San Diego this season, this was my first real chance to get some of the new(er) Padres. Lucky for me, game one of the series happened to fall on Memorial Day, so I had the opportunity to graph all day without school interfering.

Starting with the cards, I was able to get Josh Johnson, Ian Kennedy x2, Jedd Gyorko, James Shields, Yonder Alonso, Cory Spangenberg, and Justin Upton x2.


I was also able to get Shields on a ROMLB with the "Big Game" inscription. I never had great luck with Shields as a Ray or a Royal, but this year he was extremely nice and made sure that he had signed for everyone before finishing.


The final and arguably best autograph I got came from All-Star closer Craig Kimbrel. Kimbrel used to be one of the friendliest players in baseball, but this year he was anything but. After a few failed attempts I was finally able to get Kimbrel on my 2012 All-Star baseball.


Overall it was a successful day and, so far, one of my best this season. A shoutout to everyone at the ballpark and thanks for reading!

1 comment: