Saturday, August 22, 2015

Albert Pujols: 8/22/15

One of my all time favorite players, Albert Pujols, recently held a rare public signing in SoCal a few days ago. For those of you who don't know, the St. Louis Cardinals were the first baseball team that I actually rooted for, and to this day I still pull for them to represent the National League, so it's easy to see why I've been such an avid Pujols fan many years.

Unfortunately, Pujols is far from the friendliest or most willing signer around the ballpark. In several years of collecting autographs, Pujols is one of the few players who I had never gotten a signature from until this signing. Needless to say I was excited to get my first autograph from "The Machine" regardless of the high price tag.

I ended up choosing a 2015 All-Star baseball to get signed. There were several different baseballs that I could've chosen from, but I chose a 2015 for a few reasons. Not only was it his first All-Star Game as an Angel, but it was also his tenth overall ASG, and 2015 will represent the year in which I got it signed.

  
I think we all have an athlete or celebrity who we like even though they are not the friendliest. It's almost like a guilty pleasure in terms of collecting. Mine is definitely Albert Pujols. I heard some pretty bad stories about him at this signing, and none of them shock me a bit. Overall he was nice to me, but I'm sure that wearing a Pujols shirt while telling him that I've been a huge fan for years helped. There's a much longer version of this story that I can't share yet, strictly because it's still unresolved. I may or may not share it when I get the opportunity. At the end of the day, Albert Pujols still is, and always will be, one of my favorite players to ever put on a baseball uniform, and I'm beyond happy to add his autograph to my collection. Thanks for reading! 

2 comments:

  1. Great autograph! What kind of blue pen do you use? Your autographs come out very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love him as a player! but was nasty to me at ballpark here in Toronto. Yelled at me in Spanish even though i asked for nothing and was wearing a cards hoodie and hat! Crazy

    ReplyDelete