Sunday, October 11, 2015

Eric Dickerson: 10/11/15

Hall of Fame running back Eric Dickerson recently held a free autograph signing at the Southern California RV Show in Pomona. Since the signing was fairly close to home, I decided to check it out and also get a couple more items signed by the HOFer. On top of being a football legend, Dickerson is also one of the most genuine and kind athletes that you'll ever meet. Every time that I've met him he's sat there with a smile on his face, signs what ever you want, and inscribes what ever you ask. It's really a sight to behold, especially considering how some athletes treat their fans today.

Since I've met Dickerson multiple times, I decided to go with something different to get signed this time. I was able to find a SMU Mustangs mini helmet at nearby Frank and Sons and bought it before I had a chance to second guess myself. If you don't know the story behind Dickerson and SMU, I suggest that you look it up. ESPN even did a 30-For-30 special featuring the "Pony Express" and how the alleged illegal recruiting of Dickerson and other players led to the school's football team receiving the "death penalty". The whole thing is very fascinating, so I thought that it was pretty neat to get a SMU mini signed and inscribed "Pony Express".


I was also able to get a L.A. Rams mini helmet signed by Dickerson. I already had a Rams mini inscribed "HOF 99" from a few years ago, so I decided to get this one with "ROY 83". He also added "2105 yds" without me asking, which was (and still is) the record for most rushing yards in a single season.


I can't say enough about how nice Eric Dickerson truly is. It's always refreshing to see an athlete, and a legendary one at that, be so respectful towards their fans. That alone made the hour of standing in the heat well worth it. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Hi naturally like your web site however you have to test the spelling on quite a few of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I to find it very bothersome to inform the reality on the other hand I’ll definitely come again again.
    Autographs

    ReplyDelete