Saturday, October 31, 2015

Warren Moon: 10/31/15

Hall of Fame quaterback Warren Moon held a free signing at a local Dick's Sporting Goods store. The signing was scheduled from 10:00 to noon on Halloween morning, so I assumed that getting there around 8:00 would give me a decent spot in line. When I got to the event I was surprised at the amount of people that had already shown up. The first people in line had gotten there at 10:00 the night before, which is a bit crazy for my liking. I ended up still getting a spot near the back of the line and eventually found myself in the middle thanks to poor line management by the store.

Moon arrived on time and began signing for the long line. I'd say there was about 100 people in front of us, but it took about an hour and a half to get to the front of the line since Moon was signing multiple and inscribing for everyone. I can't complain though, since once I got up to him he was extremely nice and signed both of my items with the "HOF 06" inscription.


I had a few people ask me, "why a football player on a baseball?" Quite simply, baseballs are pretty much a universal item in the hobby. Plus, they're much easier to display than full size footballs, and much, much cheaper too! This should be my only recap for a few weeks, but I should have a pretty exciting one near the end of November. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment