Friday, November 27, 2015

Dustin Brown: 11/27/15

LA Kings captain Dustin Brown was signing at the Los Angeles Auto Show on Black Friday. I'm not a huge fan of Black Friday shopping and this year I even decided against my annual trip to Sports Authority since too many people were beginning to take notice and were taking it way to seriously, just like very other Black Friday sale. I guess I'm more of an online shopping guy anyways, so instead of dealing with all of the crowds I decided to sleep in and go get an autograph.

This turned out to be one of the easiest and best ran signings of the year. I showed up a couple of hours early, was handed a numbered card by a Toyota employee, and was told that I didn't have to come back until a half an hour before it started. After grabbing some lunch I met up with a few friends and sat around waiting for the signing to start. There was literally no line waiting at all as they called up your numbers in groups of 10 at a time. I had #64 so it wasn't too long before I got up to Brown and had him sign a couple of pucks.


By the time I got through the line was fairly short, so I hopped in the back and got a NHL Stadium Series puck that I had lying around my house signed by the Captain.


In the end I was happy with my decision and walked away with a few nice autographs. It's so rare that events in Southern California go so smoothly, so I've learned to appreciate them over the years. Good on Toyota for a great event and a thanks to Ryan, Benson, and Marc for keeping me company throughout the signing.

No comments:

Post a Comment